Sunday, June 29, 2014

The Fruits of our Labor.



We have a floor! Well a sub-floor, in one room, pretty much all but done. So...We almost have a floor! It's close though, and man it feels good. Had lots of fatherly help this weekend, chases dad Doodle, my dad Walt, and my stepdad Charlie all came over this weekend and helped. My little sister Odie came over as well, and moved a million flooring boards with me. I can't believe how fortune we are to have these people, with these tools and skills to help us. Doodle built a section of stone foundation next to the chimney, which fills in a rotten log spot, and looks amazing. Dad, Charile, and Odie help Chase and I put down the sub floor. Which feels pretty awesome to walk across finally! Also I can't begin to say how thankful I am for Sharon, chases mom, she brings us lunch, and cooks us supper almost every single weekend. It easy to over look how much that means, but man it's amazing. It's one of the reasons it's all possible. We love you so much, Sharon, thank you for all that you do! And supper was amazing! 

I found grapes and blackberries growing at this house too this weekend. I can't wait to spend time someday in the future building a trelus for the grapes to grow on right. 



I thought I may add in this post some of the FAQs we keep getting constantly too. 

Q. When you all moving in?!
A. We have absolutely no idea haha, like none, I can tell you it won't be any time soon, it's a big project, it's got a lot of work to be done, and I can promise you there will be a hell of a celebration when we do move in!! Haha I remember when I thought I'd have all the wallpaper down the first weekend, or when we said let's start looking at paint colors and tile. Ironic how we thought those would be the first steps, and now most won't ever even happen. 

Q.Are you exposing the logs inside and out? 
A. Yup! And that means lots of work, and it means lots of money, and we knew that getting into it. I know it's gonna cost twice what I'm imagining already, but we bought a log home. Might as well love it and live in it the right way! 

Q. Are you all doing the work on it?
A. Obviously! Haha we're broke and we gotta...haha but really we wanted too, and knew from the beginning we were blessed with people who would help, not because we expect them too, because there amazing people. 

Q. When was the house built?
A. 1859. And I've got the horse hair chinking to prove it. 

At the moment I can't think of any others, like always, I have writters block. Needless to say it's getting done, one week at a time. Here's your pictures :). 


Look at the big open beautiful crawl space now! No snakes, no bones, nothing scary at all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment